In order to successfully configure a firearm qualification course, you must have configured at least one range (https://my.apb360.com/settings/register-shooting-range/) and have at least one firearm in inventory and one type of ammunition on inventory. If you are unsure how to acquire firearms please consult the Serialized Asset Transaction help documentation series. If you are unsure how to establish initial ammunition inventories, please consult the Non-Serialized Asset Transaction help documentation series.
When creating a firearm qualification stage (https://my.apb360.com/settings/create-qualification-stage/) you should know the following information:
- The name of the stage
- It is recommended to be as descriptive as possible for the course/stage name, for example: “Daytime Semi-Auto Arizona POST 2018” – Note the lighting conditions are mentioned, the year, the firearm type and the generally known stage name used.
- Total number of points possible
- The minimum points required to pass
- The maximum attempts before triggering an automated notification (within 24 hours)
- Total round count (shots fired)
- Months until re-qualification or the validity period
- Optionally, you may upload a PDF or other file that describes in detail the course of fire. This file can be downloaded at any time.
Once you have submitted these settings, you will be able to select the new course of fire when checking into the range. Recording the score of the student or employee should be a breeze from that point on. You can also record multiple qualifications of the same course for multiple firearms in one session, as well as simply pass or fail a record without recording points.